Posted Monday, August 27, 2012 --- 3:29 p.m.
Press Release form UW-Madison:
MADISON - The bulk of more than 7,100 students will be moving into university residence halls on campus on Wednesday, Aug. 29, and Thursday, Aug. 30.
The students are welcome to move in any time after 8 a.m. on their assigned move-in day. The days on which they move in are based on which residence hall and which floor they have been assigned to.
Student employees and international students moved in on Sunday, Aug. 26, in order to accommodate training and orientation.
Motorists should be aware of the traffic flow on campus during move-in:
- Observatory Drive between North Park Street and Lot 10 at the Education Building is still closed to traffic.
- Observatory Drive will be one-way traffic westbound from Charter Street to Babcock Drive on Aug. 29 and 30, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be a large sign located at the intersection of Linden Drive and Charter Street stating the closure of Observatory Drive for move-in.
- Babcock Drive will remain open to two-way traffic from Observatory Drive north.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding traffic in the area of the southeast residence halls:
- The drive/sidewalk on University Avenue, Lot 5, and Lathrop Drive will be used for move-in at Chadbourne Hall on Aug. 29 and 30.
- Lake Street between Johnson Street and Dayton Street will be used for parking on Aug. 29 and 30.
- The entry points for all parking close to Sellery, Ogg, and Witte halls will be off Dayton Street. Move-in traffic will exit to Johnson Street at Sellery Hall, Dayton Street at Witte Hall, and south through the underpass to Regent Street at Ogg Hall. The Sellery court area will be closed at 9 p.m. each night if possible, depending on ability to do so.
- The entry point for Smith Hall will be off North Park Street. The Smith court area will be closed at 9:00 p.m. each night if possible, depending on ability to do so.
- Route 80 campus buses have begun standard service on a new route. For more information, go to http://www.mymetrobus.com.
Designed by Gray Digital Media