UPDATED Friday, December 20, 2013 --- 11:38 a.m.
The UW-Madison Winter Commencement ceremony at the Kohl Center Sunday will be held as scheduled, regardless of weather.
UW-Madison officials urge people to allow extra time to get to the Kohl Center.
Walking in the ceremony itself does not affect a student's status as a graduate.
For those unable to attend, you can watch online HERE.
The university will have extra crews clearing nearby sidewalks, along with plowing nearby city streets and parking lots.
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 --- 3:33 p.m.
- The ceremony begins at 10 a.m.
- Delivering the charge to the graduates at each of the ceremonies will be Donald Downs, a UW-Madison professor of political science. Downs teaches courses dealing with public law, American politics, and political theory. He is a longtime affiliate of the University of Wisconsin Law School and the UW-Madison School of Journalism and Mass Communication. In 2010 Downs was named the Alexander Meiklejohn Professor of Political Science at UW-Madison. For more information, visit http://news.wisc.edu/22366.
- The ceremonies will be streamed live for the benefit of friends and relatives who are unable to attend. Windows Media Player and a broadband connection are required in order to view them. The link to the streaming will be on the university's main Web site at http://www.wisc.edu. The stream will not be available until the beginning of each ceremony.
- It is estimated that approximately 1,133 students will participate in this Sunday's ceremonies. The exact number of graduates will not be determined until after winter break in late January.
- Information about commencement is available at http://www.news.wisc.edu/commencement/
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.