Published: Monday, Feb. 10, 2014 --- 8:00 p.m.
In Adams County, the humane society's dryer is believed to be the cause of a fire that forced shelter volunteers to evacuate more than 30 animals Monday morning.
Firefighters respond to around 3,000 dryer-related calls each year around the country. They say the main cause is simply a lack of cleaning.
"Make sure you keep your dryer vents clean, your vent tubing as well," said Brad Subera with the Middleton Fire Dept. "Every three months is a good idea to look at the tubing and make sure it's cleaned out, make sure the exhaust hole on the exterior of the building is clear."
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.