NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News

Firefighters say clean dryers regularly to prevent flames

By: Madeline Anderson Email
By: Madeline Anderson Email

Published: Monday, Feb. 10, 2014 --- 8:00 p.m.

In Adams County, the humane society's dryer is believed to be the cause of a fire that forced shelter volunteers to evacuate more than 30 animals Monday morning.

Firefighters respond to around 3,000 dryer-related calls each year around the country. They say the main cause is simply a lack of cleaning.

"Make sure you keep your dryer vents clean, your vent tubing as well," said Brad Subera with the Middleton Fire Dept. "Every three months is a good idea to look at the tubing and make sure it's cleaned out, make sure the exhaust hole on the exterior of the building is clear."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 244810261 - nbc15.com/a?a=244810261