State News Headlines
Mary Burke rejects claim that Trek fired her
- The Democratic candidate for Wisconsin governor is rejecting a claim by the former president of Trek Bicycles that she was fired from her job at the family company.
DNR board approves start to shooting range process
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Natural Resources' board has approved starting the process to establish a new public shooting range in Columbia County.
UPDATE: Walker pulls ahead of Burke by 7% in last Marquette Poll
- UPDATE: The latest and last Marquette University Law School Poll shows Governor Scott Walker has to edge he might need to keep his job.
Happ, Schimel to meet for final AG debate
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin attorney general candidates Susan Happ and Brad Schimel are set to meet for their third and final debate at the state bar's Madison headquarters.
Burke, Walker haul in big bucks as election nears
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Newly filed reports show well-heeled donors are opening their wallets in the waning days of Wisconsin's hotly contested race for governor, cutting big checks to help both Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger Mary Burke.
UPDATE: UW Hospital one of four in the state prepared to treat Ebola
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin health officials have set up a plan for moving Ebola patients in the state to one of four hospitals.
Elections board won't change voting age policy
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin state elections board has decided not to change its policy about when a voter turns 18 and is eligible to vote.
Unions, GOP give to Wisconsin AG candidates
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Labor unions, the state Republican Party and the state realtors association are all pumping money to Wisconsin's attorney general candidates.
Obama aims to help Burke in close governor's race
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- President Barack Obama is coming to Milwaukee to lend some star power to Democrat Mary Burke's campaign for governor.
Obama kicks off campaign swing with Wisconsin stop
- WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is kicking off a weeklong, six-state campaign spree with a visit to Wisconsin.
Wisconsin milk production has record September
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin dairy farmers had another record-setting month of milk production in September and are on pace to set a new annual record.
Regents OK new UW Colleges and Extension head
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The University of Wisconsin Colleges and UW-Extension have a new chancellor.
Wisconsin tractor plant to lay off 150
- MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. (AP) -- A union official says CNH Industrial plans to lay off about 150 workers at its Mount Pleasant tractor plant on Dec. 1.
UPDATE: Officers hit the streets to keep kids safe this Halloween
- Police are teaming up with parole agents across Wisconsin to make sure sex offenders stay home on Halloween night.
UPDATE: Investigation continues into boy that was killed by family dog
- Dodge County sheriff's officials say a Rottweiler that killed a 7-year-old boy was owned by his family. But as for the reason, investigators say that may never be known.
More State News Headlines