State News Headlines
State Rep. Bill Kramer reaches plea deal in sex assault case
9 mins ago
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State Rep. Bill Kramer has reached a plea deal with Waukesha County prosecutors on sexual assault charges.
Judge extends blocking Wisconsin campaign law
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A federal judge has extended until Nov. 12 his order blocking a Wisconsin law election law that's at the center of an investigation into Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign and more than two dozen conservative groups.
Obama heading to Wisconsin in rare stumping trip
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- President Barack Obama is stopping in Wisconsin next week to help Democrat Mary Burke in her tight race to unseat Republican Gov. Scott Walker, marking a rare campaign-trail stop for the president.
Walker hasn't applied for preschool grant
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker's administration has not applied for $60 million in preschool development grants from the federal government, a move decried as irresponsible by Democrats.
Slender Man case: Doctors dispute mental health of one stabbing suspect
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Doctors disagree over whether the second of two 12-year-old girls accused of stabbing a classmate to please a fictional horror character is fit to stand trial.
Flu season hits Wisconsin
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State health officials say the flu season is off to a strong start in Wisconsin.
Burke votes early in Wisconsin governor's race
- Wisconsin gubernatorial hopeful Mary Burke is voting early
Former President Clinton will campaign in Wisconsin
- Former President Bill Clinton will be in Milwaukee Friday to rally support for Mary Burke.
Home sales hold steady in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin's housing prices climbed slightly in September as the level of home sales remained about the same compared to a year ago.
Wisconsin DNR urges leaf composting and mulching
- The state Department of Natural Resources is urging homeowners to compost or mulch fallen leaves to keep them out of landfills and reduce burning piles.
Ryan and Zerban debate for second and final time
- The race to DC is on in Southeastern Wisconsin where the second of two debates is in the books for the 1st congressional district.
Attorney General gives up on finding way to get Voter I.D. law
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen is giving up on finding a way to get a voter photo identification law in place for the Nov. 4 election.
UPDATED: Voters line up for first day of early voting
- Monday marks the first day for early voting at municipal clerks' offices throughout the state and voters in Dane County lined up to cast their ballots.
Number of child births in Wisconsin trending down
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The number of babies born in Wisconsin has dropped for the sixth straight year.
UPDATED: Nine people arrested in child sex trafficking case
- EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say nine people have been arrested in a child sex trafficking sting in the Eau Claire area.
More State News Headlines