State News Headlines
UW Board of Regents will ask Gov. Walker for more money
Posted: 4:25 PM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The University of Wisconsin System's Board of Regents has approved asking Gov. Scott Walker for $95 million in additional tax dollars in the next state budget.
UPDATE: Man pleads guilty in deadly Purdue University shooting
Posted: 11:01 AM
- LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) -- A court official says a man accused in the fatal shooting and stabbing of a fellow Purdue University student has pleaded guilty to murder.
Millions in military gear given to Wisconsin police agencies
Posted: 8:11 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Records show the Pentagon has given police agencies in Wisconsin more than $28 million in surplus military gear in the past decade, including assault rifles, grenade launchers and mine-resistant trucks.
2 companies settle with Wisconsin in scam lawsuit
Posted: 6:57 AM
- Two out-of-state companies have agreed to pay $50,000 to consumers and Wisconsin after the state sued them for scamming people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and airline tickets.
Man struck while crossing highway on scooter
Posted: 6:41 AM
- Sheriff's deputies say a man riding an electronic scooter was struck while crossing a highway in Monroe County.
Wisconsin agency to hold open government seminars
Posted: 6:28 AM
- The Wisconsin Department of Justice will hold its annual open government seminars again this fall.
Wisconsin senators make stops, discuss economy
- WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin's two senators are talking about economic issues as they make stops in the state.
Unemployment down in Wisconsin cities, counties
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Unemployment fell in most Wisconsin cities and counties in July.
Power line could cost up to $580 million
- An environmental assessment estimates the cost of a proposed high-voltage power line linking Madison and La Crosse at up to $580 million.
Wisconsin retains number 2 spot on ACT test
- Wisconsin retains its number two spot among states on the ACT college entrance exam.
5 plan to cross Lake Michigan on paddle boards
- Five Michigan friends who enjoy watersports plan to cross Lake Michigan by stand-up paddleboard to raise money to benefit the Great Lakes.
Damaged Green Bay school to add 18 minutes to days
- A Green Bay high school damaged by fire will extend each class day by 18 minutes this school year to make up for starting almost two weeks late.
Police: Body of woman found in Wisconsin apartment
- Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found hidden in a Milwaukee-area apartment.
Wisconsin tree nurseries looking to buy seeds
- State-run tree nurseries are looking to buy native Wisconsin seeds for their reforestation program.
UPDATE: 9-year-old killed in multi-vehicle crash in Beaver Dam
- A 9-year-old has died of injuries sustained in a multi-vehicle crash on August 15.
More State News Headlines