State News Headlines
UPDATE: Sentencing set in deadly Purdue campus attack
Posted: 7:30 AM
- LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) -- The lawyer for an Indiana man who pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing and shooting a fellow Purdue University student is expected to try to convince a judge that his client is mentally ill.
Wisconsin single mom poverty rate rose 2.5 percent
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A recent survey released by the U.S. Census Bureau has found poverty is increasing for single mothers in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin job growth 33rd in nation
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin's private sector job growth is 33rd nationwide and behind the national average.
UW System campuses will issue student voter IDs
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- University of Wisconsin System campuses will issue free voter identification cards to students that request them.
Janesville Hit and Run Investigation
- Janesville Police are looking for the owner of a vehicle that appears to be involved in an accident.
Janesville Police arrest burglary suspect
- Janesville Police arrest a 16-year-old suspect after they break-in to Smokers World II in Janesville.
Search continues for missing boater in Kenosha Co.
- Authorities have been searching a Kenosha County lake for a missing fisherman from Illinois.
Nationwide Drug Take Back Program
- An upcoming Nationwide drug take back program will give Wisconsinites an opportunity to get rid of unwanted or unused prescription drugs.
Race to be the state's top cop in dead heat
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A new poll shows Democrat Susan Happ and Republican Brad Schimel are about even in the race for attorney general.
Wisconsin one of 4 states to cut food stamps
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin is one of only four states nationwide that is enacting cuts to the food stamp program.
New political poll shows Gov. Walker and Mary Burke still in dead heat
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The race for Wisconsin governor couldn't be any closer with just seven weeks to go.
Republicans file lawsuit over redesigned ballot
- Republican legislative leaders have filed a lawsuit seeking changes to the newly redesigned ballot for the November election.
Walker's allies rush to aid Wisconsin GOP governor
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is in a tight political spot again. And his allies are again rushing to the Republican's rescue.
Wisconsin drivers often uninhibited by citations
- APPLETON, Wis. (AP) -- Many Wisconsin drivers who lose their driving privileges have continued to operate their vehicles and commit additional violations.
Wisconsin drivers experience delays due to trains
- OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) -- More rail traffic in Wisconsin is leading to more blocked railroad crossings, a trend that is affecting drivers across the state.
More State News Headlines