State News Headlines
Voters head to polls early in Wisconsin
Updated: 8:36 PM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin residents can start heading to their local clerks' offices this week to cast early ballots for the Nov. 4 election.
Future USS Detroit christened in Wisconsin
- The future USS Detroit warship was christened Saturday at the Marinette Marine Corp. shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin.
Investigators find Western Wisconsin cabin full of pot
- Drug investigators arrested a 45-year-old man after finding a rural western Wisconsin cabin filled with dried marijuana plants
John Doe legal fees approach $900,000
- Taxpayers have paid nearly $900,000 in legal fees related to the John Doe investigation of coordinated efforts between the campaign of Gov. Scott Walker and his supporters.
Walker and Burke face off for final debate
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger Mary Burke break little new ground in their second and final debate.
Federal government recognizes same-sex marriage in WI and six other states
- WASHINGTON (AP) -- The federal government is recognizing same-sex marriages in seven more states.
AG candidates Happ and Schimel write open letters to each other
- The attorney general candidates Democrat Susan Happ and Republican Brad Schimel made an argument public today with Happ writing a letter first to Schimel asking him to "clean up his act" accusing him and his campaign of calling her a liar. Schimel responded backing up claims that he made saying they were true, and he stands by what he and his campaign had said.
Wisconsin unemployment rate drops, jobs increase
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The last jobs report before the Nov. 4 election contains a double-dose of good news for Gov. Scott Walker.
Hunters kill dozen wolves in first day and a half
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Hunters have killed a dozen Wisconsin wolves over the first day and a half of the season.
Walker being outspent on television ads
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republican Gov. Scott Walker is being outspent by Democrat Mary Burke and her supporters on television ads in the hotly contested race for Wisconsin governor.
Burke, supporters hope minimum wage sways voters
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democrat Mary Burke and her supporters hope that Republican Gov. Scott Walker's adamant opposition to the minimum wage will be the deciding factor in the race for governor that polls show is tied just over two weeks until Election Day.
DEA arrests dozens for illegal prescription drug sales
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration says 51 people have been charged following a two-day operation targeting illegal prescription drug sales.
New poll shows both top-ticket races are exactly tied
- The new Marquette University Law School Poll is out and it shows the race for the governors seat is back in a dead heat.
UPDATE: State ended last year with $517 million surplus
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin state budget ended the last fiscal year with a $517 million surplus.
Latest Marquette University poll to be released
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The latest Marquette University Law School poll showing voters' thoughts on the races for governor and attorney general is slated to be released.
More State News Headlines