State News Headlines
Top teachers union says beating Walker priority
14 mins ago
- The head of the national teachers' union says beating Gov. Scott Walker is the organization's top priority in the upcoming Wisconsin election.
Home sales decline in August
Posted: 7:33 AM
- Sales of existing homes in Wisconsin have declined.
Social worker sued for impregnating client
Posted: 7:31 AM
- A state social worker who fathered the child of a client is being sued in federal court in Milwaukee.
Police: Body of missing Wisconsin woman found
- WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) -- Wausau police say they have found the body of a woman missing for nearly four years.
Campaigns commonly share policy platforms, slogans
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Democrat running for Wisconsin governor acknowledges her campaign lifted policy platforms, including some exact language, from like-minded candidates.
Small plane down in Waukesha County
- Sheriff's officials say a small plane has gone down near a bike trail in southeastern Wisconsin.
Feds find Sheboygan River PCB levels still high
- A federal report finds that despite a significant drop, levels of a cancer-causing chemical found in fish and sediment in Sheboygan's river and harbor are still unacceptable.
Rabies survivor marries in Fond du Lac
- A young woman who made medical history by surviving rabies without a vaccination has reached another milestone in her life.
UPDATE: Liberal group says Wisconsin voters can't get IDs
- UPDATE: A liberal group is telling federal judges that Wisconsin driver's license offices aren't open enough to produce enough IDs for would-be voters before the Nov. 4 election.
Lambeau Field concert likely in 2015
- GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Because of construction at Lambeau Field, the Green Bay Packers' home stadium hasn't hosted a concert or major event inside the bowl since Kenny Chesney visited in 2011.
1 killed, 1 injured in UTV crash
- A Rhinelander man has died and a woman has been injured in an off-road vehicle accident in Oneida County.
Michelle Obama to campaign in Milwaukee for Burke
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Michelle Obama is coming to Milwaukee next week to campaign for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke.
Emily's List to spend $1.2 million for Burke
- A national group that works to elect Democratic who support abortion rights plans to spend $1.2 million on television ads for Wisconsin gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke.
Sheriff: Wisconsin boy shoots father while hunting
- Marathon County authorities say an 11-year-old boy has accidentally shot his father while hunting.
Wisconsin gun group sues for Green Bay records
- A group promoting Wisconsin gun owner rights is suing the city of Green Bay for records that might indicate if the city has a policy on carrying guns openly.
More State News Headlines