State News Headlines
Thanksgiving travel expected to be highest in five years
Updated: 5:35 PM
- Thanksgiving travel volume this week is expected to be at the highest level since 2007.
DNR confirms new invasive algae found in Wisconsin
Posted: 4:37 PM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Natural Resources says it has confirmed a new invasive algae was present in a southeastern Wisconsin lake.
State DOJ says publishing groups targeted elderly in scam
Posted: 11:34 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit against two Oregon-based (the state) publishing groups alleging they ran a subscription scam targeting the elderly.
UPDATED: 3 die in crash on Wisconsin Hwy. 35 near Onalaska
Updated: 4:39 PM
- ONALASKA, Wis. (AP) -- Three people have died in a head-on crash on Highway 35 north of Onalaska in western Wisconsin.
Marquette approves of partnerships in tax dispute
Posted: 7:52 AM
- MARQUETTE, Mich. (AP) -- Marquette officials have approved partnering with other entities to challenge a utility company's request to reduce the official value of a power plant property for tax purposes.
Police: 3 arrested in Milwaukee car theft, chase
Posted: 7:45 AM
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee police have arrested three teenagers who they say robbed a business and then crashed a stolen car during a chase with officers.
USDA buying cranberries due to oversupply
Posted: 7:39 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- An oversupply of cranberries from record harvests in Wisconsin and Canada has prompted the U.S. Department of Agriculture to buy up to 68 million pounds of berries.
UPDATE: Wisconsin regulators approve electric increase
Updated: 2:28 PM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State regulators have approved higher electric rates for tens of thousands of Dane County customers.
Man sues police over Facebook arrest
- A man who was arrested after he posted Facebook comments calling a southern Wisconsin police department racist has filed a federal lawsuit alleging one of the agency's officers violated his constitutional rights.
State lawmaker sentenced for sexual assault
- State Rep. Bill Kramer is headed to jail for five months after pleading no contest to fourth-degree sexual assault.
NBA commissioner meets with Bucks investors
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is in Milwaukee to meet with Milwaukee Bucks investors and talk with young professionals involved in start-up companies.
Sheriff: Officer involved in fatal Wisconsin crash
- ASHLAND, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say a squad car from an American Indian band police department in north Wisconsin has crashed head-one with another vehicle and killed a passenger.
70,000 more pages of Walker documents coming
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Nearly 70,000 pages of emails and attachments collected during the first John Doe investigation into former aides and associates of Gov. Scott Walker during his time as Milwaukee County executive are being released.
Utility workers rescued from platform in Wisconsin
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Four utility workers have been brought to safety after getting stuck on a platform about 150 above the ground at the We Energies plant in the Menomonee Valley.
Hamilton's supporters gather again at Milwaukee park
- Supporters and family members of a black man fatally shot by a white Milwaukee officer last spring have gathered again in the downtown park where the April shooting happened.
More State News Headlines