State News Headlines
Wisconsin senators make stops, discuss economy
Posted: 4:52 PM
- WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin's two senators are talking about economic issues as they make stops in the state.
Unemployment down in Wisconsin cities, counties
Posted: 4:48 PM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Unemployment fell in most Wisconsin cities and counties in July.
UW System wants more money in the next state budget
Posted: 10:28 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- University of Wisconsin System officials want Gov. Scott Walker to give them another $95.2 million in tax dollars in the next state budget.
Power line could cost up to $580 million
Posted: 7:30 AM
- An environmental assessment estimates the cost of a proposed high-voltage power line linking Madison and La Crosse at up to $580 million.
Wisconsin retains number 2 spot on ACT test
Posted: 7:24 AM
- Wisconsin retains its number two spot among states on the ACT college entrance exam.
5 plan to cross Lake Michigan on paddle boards
Posted: 6:33 AM
- Five Michigan friends who enjoy watersports plan to cross Lake Michigan by stand-up paddleboard to raise money to benefit the Great Lakes.
Damaged Green Bay school to add 18 minutes to days
Posted: 6:20 AM
- A Green Bay high school damaged by fire will extend each class day by 18 minutes this school year to make up for starting almost two weeks late.
Police: Body of woman found in Wisconsin apartment
Posted: 6:13 AM
- Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found hidden in a Milwaukee-area apartment.
Wisconsin tree nurseries looking to buy seeds
Posted: 5:55 AM
- State-run tree nurseries are looking to buy native Wisconsin seeds for their reforestation program.
UPDATE: 9-year-old killed in multi-vehicle crash in Beaver Dam
- A 9-year-old has died of injuries sustained in a multi-vehicle crash on August 15.
UPDATE: Walworth County deputies find body of Elkhorn man
- WALWORTH COUNTY, Wis. --- Officials believe they've found the body of Russ Delorme in Kettle Moraine Forest
Wisconsin deputy arrested for drunken driving
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A Wisconsin sheriff's deputy has been arrested in Minnesota on suspicion of drunken driving.
Stevens Point accepts SkyGroup building agreement
STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) -- Stevens Point is set to receive a $1 million check from a development company to bring an educational software firm's headquarters to the city.
UPDATE: Court sets arguments in Wisconsin voter ID case
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A federal appeals court in Chicago has set oral arguments in the fight over Wisconsin's voter identification law for next month.
Verizon donates to help end teen dating violence in WI
- It's a problem affecting 1.5 million high schoolers each year, teen dating violence.
Tuesday, Verizon Wireless donated $30,000 to help stop it.
More State News Headlines