State News Headlines
Majority of schools meet, exceed expectations
Posted: 7:27 AM
- State education officials say the majority of Wisconsin public schools and school districts meet or exceed expectations for student achievement.
Wisconsin DNR launches fall photo contest
Updated: 7:28 AM
- The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is launching a fall photo contest.
UW-Health confirms case of Enterovirus in Wisconsin
- A UW-Health public relations official has confirmed to NBC 15 a patient is being treated at the American Family Children's Hospital the Enterovirus.
Man arrested after dead cows found in Wisconsin
- BARRON, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say a 47-year-old western Wisconsin man was arrested after officials discovered 25 dead cows on his farm.
Fatal farm accident in Green County
A tractor hauling an empty manure spreader apparently lost control and entered the ditch on the east side of the road and overturned. The operator was ejected and later found unresponsive by a passerby.
Minnesota man charged with homicide in Wisconsin
- HUDSON, Wis. (AP) -- A Minnesota man who called police to ask for help a passenger in his car who'd been shot has been charged in Wisconsin with first-degree intentional homicide.
Wisconsin DOJ wants $738K for death investigations
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Justice is asking Gov. Scott Walker for an additional $738,600 to cover investigating local officer-involved deaths.
UPDATE: Late election changes costing cities more money
- The voter ID ruling is sending some residents into a frenzy, making sure their vote will count come November.
But it's causing a lot of chaos for city clerks, and might rack up some hefty taxpayer bills.
Wisconsin woman gets 9 months in jail for beating
- CRANDON, Wis. (AP) -- One of four people charged with beating a Wisconsin man and leaving him in the woods to die has been sentenced to nine months in jail.
UPDATE: Judge halts proceedings in child stabbing case
WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) -- A judge has halted court proceedings for one of two 12-year-old girls accused of trying to kill a classmate to please a fictional character called Slender Man.
UPDATE: Vogelsberg homicide trial remains on hold in Dane County
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Dane County trial of a man accused of killing his autistic half-brother remains on hold while the defendant undergoes medical tests.
UPDATE: Brown County releases IDs in murder-suicide case
- EATON, Wis. (AP) -- Brown County authorities say a man shot and killed his estranged wife before committing suicide.
Grain farmers strapped by rising cropland rent
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- An increase in rent for cropland in Wisconsin is strapping grain farmers who are dealing with plummeting prices for corn.
Wisconsin governor approves new voter ID process
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker has approved new rules establishing a free process for verifying birth information for people looking for state identification cards to vote but lack birth certificates.
Wisconsin DNR urges hunters to report observations
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Natural Resources is urging bow hunters to report their wildlife observations online.
More State News Headlines