Caledonia Man, 77-Years-Old, Dies After Fire Starts In Home

Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2012 --- 10:35 a.m.

CALEDONIA, Wis. (AP) -- Caledonia police say a man who was careless with his "smoking materials" has died after a fire started in his living room and filled the room with smoke.

Police say the victim was 77-year-old Duane J. Rymenams. He died Monday night following a fire that began about 7 p.m.

Caledonia Fire Chief Jeff Buenger says Rymenams was on oxygen, and the oxygen system caused the flames to spread quickly.

Firefighters arrived on the scene just after the fire started. A Journal Times of Racine report (http://bit.ly/LR5CWH ) says they pulled Rymenams from his kitchen and performed CPR, but he died at a hospital.

Buenger says a dog in the home was taken to a veterinary hospital with apparent breathing problems. It's expected to survive.

------

Information from: The Journal Times, http://www.journaltimes.com

Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 158578405 - nbc15.com/a?a=158578405
Gray Television, Inc.