Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2012 --- 10:35 a.m.
CALEDONIA, Wis. (AP) -- Caledonia police say a man who was careless with his "smoking materials" has died after a fire started in his living room and filled the room with smoke.
Police say the victim was 77-year-old Duane J. Rymenams. He died Monday night following a fire that began about 7 p.m.
Caledonia Fire Chief Jeff Buenger says Rymenams was on oxygen, and the oxygen system caused the flames to spread quickly.
Firefighters arrived on the scene just after the fire started. A Journal Times of Racine report (http://bit.ly/LR5CWH ) says they pulled Rymenams from his kitchen and performed CPR, but he died at a hospital.
Buenger says a dog in the home was taken to a veterinary hospital with apparent breathing problems. It's expected to survive.
Information from: The Journal Times, http://www.journaltimes.com
Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.