Early morning fire in Beloit

Posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 --- 6:44 a.m.

Firefighters were called to the 900 block of Kenwood Avenue in Beloit this morning. The call came in just before 1 am.

When crews arrived on scene there was a heavy fire in the basement and first floor of the residential home. All occupants inside the home were evacuated when crews arrived. Two adults and five children were inside the home at the time.

Crews say the fire was caused by an overheated extension cord from a space heater. Damage is estimated at $25,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 244203541 - nbc15.com/a?a=244203541
Gray Television, Inc.