Fatal South Milwaukee fire started in kitchen

Sunday, December 22, 2013 --- 7:07 p.m.

SOUTH MILWAUKEE, Wis. (AP) -- An 80-year-old man has died in a fire that started in the kitchen of his South Milwaukee home.

Fire Chief Joseph Knitter says firefighters found the man dead inside the home shortly after they received a 911 call about smoke coming from the back of the house around 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Nobody else was inside.

Officials declined to release the man's name Sunday because they still were trying to contact his relatives.

Because of the death, the state fire marshal's office is investigating.

Copyright 2013: Associated Press

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236961171 - nbc15.com/a?a=236961171