UPDATE: Baby Sleeping With Mother Is Electrocuted

UPDATED Monday, May 7, 2012 --- 7:05 a.m.

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office says an infant girl is electrocuted while sleeping with her mother.

The medical examiner's report says 3-month-old Diamond Nicole McDuffie came in contact with a baseboard heater, a metal bed frame and a frayed extension cord with an exposed wire at a Milwaukee apartment.

Authorities say the infant was found wedged between the bed and a wall after sleeping with her mother and another infant Friday. The medical examiner says the cause of death is accidental electrocution.

Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.

___________________________________________________

Posted Sunday, May 6, 2012 --- 4:29 p.m.

Report from our news partner WITI in Milwaukee:

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police are investigating the co-sleeping death of a three-month-old girl. The child was found by her mother between the bed and the wall after falling off the bed.

The child was found not breathing inside an apartment near 28th and Atkinson on Milwaukee’s north side early Friday morning, May 4th.

The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner‘s report indicates the girl was possibly electrocuted after being found in contact with the metal bed frame and metal coils from a metal baseboard heater. An open wire was found under the bed in contact with part of the metal bed frame.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 150361795 - nbc15.com/a?a=150361795
Gray Television, Inc.