Posted Monday, July 30, 2012 --- 6:15 a.m.
TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (AP) -- A recycling and auto body shop has been destroyed by fire in western Wisconsin.
The owner of Centerville Recycling near Trempealeau and two firefighters suffered smoke inhalation when the longtime family business went up in flames Sunday.
Forty-four-year-old Alvin "Rob" Stanislowski rushed into the burning building, mistakenly believing that his girlfriend's son was inside. Stanislowski's dog, Sadie, was trapped under a desk in his office and died in the fire.
Stanislowski tells the La Crosse Tribune (http://bit.ly/T0FWsX ) the business has been in the family for 35 years. He estimates his loss at $500,000.
Information from: La Crosse Tribune, http://www.lacrossetribune.com
Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.