NBC15 WMTV | Madison, WI | News

Woman Hurt in Milwaukee Fire Dies

Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 --- 6:06p.m.

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A 35-year-old woman has died after she was injured in a Milwaukee fire last weekend.

The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office says Kenyata Hawkins died Thursday at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.

Hawkins was injured in the fire Sunday. An autopsy has been scheduled.

Firefighters rescued the woman from a second-floor bedroom during the early morning fire.

A fire investigator tells Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/J0WObn ) the fire began in a microwave oven above a stove on the first floor.

------

Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com

Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
NBC15 615 Forward Drive Madison, Wisconsin 53711 Business: 608-274-1515 Newsroom: 608-274-1500
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 147241825 - nbc15.com/a?a=147241825