Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 --- 6:06p.m.
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A 35-year-old woman has died after she was injured in a Milwaukee fire last weekend.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office says Kenyata Hawkins died Thursday at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.
Hawkins was injured in the fire Sunday. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Firefighters rescued the woman from a second-floor bedroom during the early morning fire.
A fire investigator tells Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/J0WObn ) the fire began in a microwave oven above a stove on the first floor.
Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com
Copyright 2012. The Associated Press.
Designed by Gray Digital Media