Posted Saturday, October 26, 2013 --- 7:23 p.m.
KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) -- Rob Zerban (zer-BAHN'), the Democrat who lost to U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan in last year's election, is mounting a new challenge next year.
Zerban told The Associated Press this week he was getting back in the race. He made his announcement official Saturday at a rally in Kenosha.
He lost last year by 12 percentage points, 55 percent to 43 percent. But that was Ryan's smallest margin of victory in eight races.
The 45-year-old Zerban is a former Kenosha County Board supervisor who used to run two small businesses. He blames Ryan for voting against ending the government shutdown, and for advancing a budget that cuts money from social-service programs.
Zerban says he supports green technology, immigration reform and same-sex marriage.
Copyright 2013: Associated Press
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.