State News Headlines
President Obama in Milwaukee today
Posted: 7:20 AM
- President Barack Obama is sounding more bullish these days about the nation's recovery from the Great Recession. And the White House is encouraging Democrats to show similar optimism as they head into the November mid-term elections.
Obama's visit comes amid tight governor's race
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The last time President Barack Obama came to Wisconsin to celebrate workers' rights on Labor Day, there was barely a hint of the turmoil that was to come.
Walker says budget will improve
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker says he will deal with a drop in tax collections by controlling expenses and by doing things to help the overall economy improve.
Wisconsin private-sector jobs grew 1.3 percent
- Private-sector jobs grew just 1.3 percent in Wisconsin during the 12-month period ending in March.
Decision 2014: Which voters are more motivated?
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker says complacency and fatigue among Republican voters is one of his biggest concerns as he faces re-election in less than 10 weeks.
More documents related to Walker's 2012 recall campaign to be released
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A federal appeals court has ordered the release of more documents related to the investigation into Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign and a host of conservative groups.
State's tax revenue $281 million less than expected
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin tax collections are more than $281 million short of estimates, a drop that could require the Legislature to take action to keep the budget in balance.
Virus is killing thousands of fish
- NEWVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin biologists say the koi herpes virus that's killing thousands of common carp has spread and will continue to do so.
President Barack Obama coming to Milwaukee on Labor Day
- President Barack Obama will be speaking at an event in Milwaukee on Labor Day.
New political poll shows Gov. Walker and Mary Burke in close race
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The latest Marquette University Law School poll shows Gov. Scott Walker in a dead heat with Democratic challenger Mary Burke.
Poll shows Wisconsin governor's race remains in a dead heat
- The latest Marquette University Law School poll shows Gov. Scott Walker and Democratic challenger Mary Burke remain in a dead heat.
UPDATE: Person of interest in homicide may be tied to Oshkosh
- Update: Police say the woman wanted for questioning in the death of a Dodge County man met the victim online and was picked up by him in Oshkosh.
With new casino in the works, Potawatomi withholds money from state
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Forest County Potawatomi say they have not made their annual revenue sharing payment to the state of Wisconsin for their casino in Milwaukee because they anticipate the state will owe them money if Gov. Scott Walker approves a casino in Kenosha.
Missing boy found in Fox River has died
- NEENAH, Wis. (AP) -- A missing 6-year-old boy found in the Fox River in Neenah has died.
Wisconsin DNR urges hunters to use lands atlas
- The state Department of Natural Resources is urging hunters and outdoor enthusiasts to use its public land access atlas.
More State News Headlines