State News Headlines
Man sues police over Facebook arrest
Posted: 6:41 PM
- A man who was arrested after he posted Facebook comments calling a southern Wisconsin police department racist has filed a federal lawsuit alleging one of the agency's officers violated his constitutional rights.
State lawmaker sentenced for sexual assault
Posted: 6:19 PM
- State Rep. Bill Kramer is headed to jail for five months after pleading no contest to fourth-degree sexual assault.
NBA commissioner meets with Bucks investors
Posted: 7:36 AM
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is in Milwaukee to meet with Milwaukee Bucks investors and talk with young professionals involved in start-up companies.
Sheriff: Officer involved in fatal Wisconsin crash
Posted: 5:40 AM
- ASHLAND, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say a squad car from an American Indian band police department in north Wisconsin has crashed head-one with another vehicle and killed a passenger.
70,000 more pages of Walker documents coming
Posted: 5:33 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Nearly 70,000 pages of emails and attachments collected during the first John Doe investigation into former aides and associates of Gov. Scott Walker during his time as Milwaukee County executive are being released.
Utility workers rescued from platform in Wisconsin
Posted: 5:19 AM
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Four utility workers have been brought to safety after getting stuck on a platform about 150 above the ground at the We Energies plant in the Menomonee Valley.
Hamilton's supporters gather again at Milwaukee park
- Supporters and family members of a black man fatally shot by a white Milwaukee officer last spring have gathered again in the downtown park where the April shooting happened.
90K deer registered in Wisconsin season opener
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Hunters have registered more than 90,000 deer during the opening weekend of Wisconsin's 9-day deer season.
UPDATE: College student will stand trial in ricin case
- GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- A University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh student accused of possessing the deadly toxin ricin has been ordered to stand trial.
Fitchburg State announces 3 presidential finalists
- FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) -- Fitchburg State University in Massachusetts has announced the three finalists for its president's job.
Wisconsin agency preps for big jump in DNA testing
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Justice Department is bracing for tens of thousands more DNA samples expected to flow into its Madison crime lab next year when new collection requirements go into effect.
DNR announces new wetland restoration plan
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Natural Resources and federal environmental officials have developed a new plan to promote wetland restoration.
UPDATED: Gun deer season has opened to less than ideal weather conditions
- Hunters deal with fog, freezing rain and wind on opening day of gun deer season.
Wisconsin fish processing company caught in federal investigation
- A Wisconsin company that processes Great Lakes fish for sale worldwide is involved in a federal investigation into the illegal trafficking of lake trout, lake sturgeon, whitefish and walleye.
FBI back investigating in Oshkosh
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation is conducting another investigation in Oshkosh, but won't divulge the reason.
More State News Headlines