State News Headlines
For Walker-Burke, quiet differences on environment
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republican Scott Walker and Democrat Mary Burke have talked more about jobs than the environment in Wisconsin's governor's race, but there are clues on how they might different on natural resources.
Dane County clerk didn't follow model ballot
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Democratic Dane County clerk decided not to use a model ballot for the November election that's being challenged by Republicans as confusing and benefiting Democrats.
Burke fires consultant over jobs plan copying
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Democratic candidate for Wisconsin governor says it was her decision to cut ties with a consultant she blames for copying several sections of her jobs plan from platforms of other Democrats.
Economic development corporation handed out $60m
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A new report shows Gov. Scott Walker's economic development corporation handed out $60 million in grants and loans over its first two years.
Armed Robbery on Keep Street in Darlington
- Three suspects are behind bars after a robbery in the City of Darlington.
UPDATE: Janesville Police need help identifying liquor store burglars
- UPDATED: Janesville Police are asking for the public's help in identifying two suspects in a liquor store burglary.
UPDATE: Purdue shooter sentenced to 65 years in prison
- LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) -- An Indiana man who admitted fatally stabbing and shooting a fellow Purdue University student inside a crowded classroom has been sentenced to 65 years in prison after telling a judge he lied about being mentally ill.
Wisconsin single mom poverty rate rose 2.5 percent
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A recent survey released by the U.S. Census Bureau has found poverty is increasing for single mothers in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin job growth 33rd in nation
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin's private sector job growth is 33rd nationwide and behind the national average.
UW System campuses will issue student voter IDs
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- University of Wisconsin System campuses will issue free voter identification cards to students that request them.
Janesville Hit and Run Investigation
- Janesville Police are looking for the owner of a vehicle that appears to be involved in an accident.
Janesville Police arrest burglary suspect
- Janesville Police arrest a 16-year-old suspect after they break-in to Smokers World II in Janesville.
Search continues for missing boater in Kenosha Co.
- Authorities have been searching a Kenosha County lake for a missing fisherman from Illinois.
Nationwide Drug Take Back Program
- An upcoming Nationwide drug take back program will give Wisconsinites an opportunity to get rid of unwanted or unused prescription drugs.
Race to be the state's top cop in dead heat
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A new poll shows Democrat Susan Happ and Republican Brad Schimel are about even in the race for attorney general.
More State News Headlines