State News Headlines
With new casino in the works, Potawatomi withholds money from state
28 mins ago
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Forest County Potawatomi say they have not made their annual revenue sharing payment to the state of Wisconsin for their casino in Milwaukee because they anticipate the state will owe them money if Gov. Scott Walker approves a casino in Kenosha.
Missing boy found in Fox River has died
30 mins ago
- NEENAH, Wis. (AP) -- A missing 6-year-old boy found in the Fox River in Neenah has died.
Wisconsin DNR urges hunters to use lands atlas
Posted: 6:45 AM
- The state Department of Natural Resources is urging hunters and outdoor enthusiasts to use its public land access atlas.
Park officials allow Apostle Islands fire to burn
Posted: 6:28 AM
- National Park Service rangers have discovered a fire on one of the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior that they say has been burning for weeks.
UPDATE: Victim's family takes step toward suing Milwaukee
- UPDATE: The family of a man shot and killed by a Milwaukee police officer two months ago says the officer should be criminally charged.
Elections board: Primary turnout was 12.7 percent
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Turnout for Wisconsin's primary elections two weeks ago was even lower than state election officials predicated.
Man dies pulling tractor from mud in Wisconsin
- TOWN OF WELLINGTON, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say a 19-year-old man trying to free a tractor stuck in mud in southwestern Wisconsin was killed when he was hit in the head by a tow strap.
Obama to award Medal of Honor to Civil War soldier
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A Civil War soldier is to be honored with the nation's highest military decoration 151 years after his death.
UPDATE: Court bristles at 'traditional' marriage argument
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gay couples and their supporters plan rallies in Madison, Milwaukee and Racine on Monday before taking buses to Chicago to listen to arguments in Wisconsin's gay marriage lawsuit.
Recount shows Edming won GOP primary for Assembly
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Former Rusk County board member James Edming has won a close Republican primary for an Assembly seat in northwestern Wisconsin.
Alpine Valley Music Theatre for sale
- The Wisconsin music venue tucked away in the rolling hills of Walworth County that has hosted such musical greats as the Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam and the Grateful Dead is for sale.
Wisconsin DNR plans waterfowl chat
- Wisconsin wildlife officials are planning an online chat for waterfowl hunters.
Mountain biking club league is launched
- Mountain biking is a new club sport for teens in Wisconsin.
Train hits, kills woman walking dog in Wisconsin
- Douglass County authorities are investigating the death of a woman who was hit by a train.
Wisconsin DNR considers inland salmon stocking
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin fisheries officials are considering stocking an inland lake with landlocked Atlantic salmon.
More State News Headlines