State News Headlines
Hundreds line up for Black Friday beer
Posted: 1:35 PM
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Some people wait outside in the cold overnight for cheap TVs or computers. People in Wisconsin do it for beer.
Hunters 4 wolves shy of state limit
Posted: 1:21 PM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Hunters are four wolves shy of Wisconsin's statewide kill limit, throwing the prospect of using dogs in this year's hunt into doubt.
Lost wedding ring found 8 years later
Posted: 7:40 AM
- VERONA, Wis. (AP) -- A Wisconsin man lost his wedding ring while bowling eight years ago. Now he has it back.
1 man dies in house fire near Superior
Posted: 7:35 AM
- TOWN OF SUPERIOR, Wis. (AP) -- One man has died in a house fire near Superior in northwestern Wisconsin.
Academics in UW system get $17.3M in overage pay
- GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Academic staff in the University of Wisconsin system received a total of $17.3 million in extra duty pay last year, after lawmakers lifted a limit on academic overtime.
1 man hit by train, dies in Pleasant Prairie
- PLEASANT PRAIRIE, Wis. (AP) -- One man is dead after he was hit by a train in Pleasant Prairie.
Thanksgiving travel expected to be highest in five years
- Thanksgiving travel volume this week is expected to be at the highest level since 2007.
DNR confirms new invasive algae found in Wisconsin
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Natural Resources says it has confirmed a new invasive algae was present in a southeastern Wisconsin lake.
State DOJ says publishing groups targeted elderly in scam
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit against two Oregon-based (the state) publishing groups alleging they ran a subscription scam targeting the elderly.
UPDATED: 3 die in crash on Wisconsin Hwy. 35 near Onalaska
- ONALASKA, Wis. (AP) -- Three people have died in a head-on crash on Highway 35 north of Onalaska in western Wisconsin.
Marquette approves of partnerships in tax dispute
- MARQUETTE, Mich. (AP) -- Marquette officials have approved partnering with other entities to challenge a utility company's request to reduce the official value of a power plant property for tax purposes.
Police: 3 arrested in Milwaukee car theft, chase
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee police have arrested three teenagers who they say robbed a business and then crashed a stolen car during a chase with officers.
USDA buying cranberries due to oversupply
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- An oversupply of cranberries from record harvests in Wisconsin and Canada has prompted the U.S. Department of Agriculture to buy up to 68 million pounds of berries.
UPDATE: Wisconsin regulators approve electric increase
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State regulators have approved higher electric rates for tens of thousands of Dane County customers.
Man sues police over Facebook arrest
- A man who was arrested after he posted Facebook comments calling a southern Wisconsin police department racist has filed a federal lawsuit alleging one of the agency's officers violated his constitutional rights.
More State News Headlines