State News Headlines
Eight injured in accident on I-90
- At 4:33 PM on Sunday September 28, 2014 a crash occurred on I-90 EB at 43 in Monroe County near Tomah. The five-car crash involved 8 injuries.
Semi crash closes 35/61 for hours
- On September 28, 2014 at approximately 11:13 pm the Grant County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a semi crash that occurred on Hwy 35/61 just south of the Hwy 81 intersection in the Township of South Lancaster.
Democratic faithful gather to hear Michelle Obama
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Wisconsin residents lined up in Milwaukee to hear first lady Michelle Obama speak.
Christie campaigns for Walker in Wisconsin
- HUDSON, Wis. (AP) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is telling Wisconsin Republicans they need to step up to keep Scott Walker governor because national Democrats "want to make an example of him" and scare conservatives from trying bold things.
Milwaukee school settles discrimination claim
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The U.S. Justice Department says Milwaukee Montessori School will pay $55,000 to settle a claim that the school discriminated against a disabled student.
Director asks John Doe DA to investigate himself
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The director of a conservative group wants a prosecutor investigating whether right-leaning organizations illegally coordinated with Gov. Scott Walker's campaign to ask a judge to appoint a special investigator to look into whether the probe is political.
Lawmaker's daughter faces new drug charges
- GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The daughter of a Wisconsin lawmaker faces new criminal charges accusing her of possessing narcotics.
Naked man walks into Wisconsin Capitol
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State officials are looking into how a naked man found his way into the Wisconsin state Capitol's rotunda.
Mexican Consulate brings ID services to Wisconsin
- APPLETON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin officials are working to better serve the rapidly growing Hispanic community in the state,
Cranberry crop estimated at 5.3 million barrels
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (AP) -- Growers expect Wisconsin will lead the nation as the top cranberry producer for the 20th consecutive yea
Wisconsin DNR reports $11.7m in timber sales
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Natural Resources says Wisconsin saw record timber sales from state lands during the last fiscal year.
Michelle Obama and Gov. Christie campaign in governor's race
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Michelle Obama is coming to Milwaukee next week to campaign for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke.
Man questioned in Berlin double homicide has been released
- BERLIN, Wis. (AP) -- Green Lake County's top prosecutor says the man being questioned about two deaths in Berlin has been released.
Wisconsin bear hunters back wolf-skinning plan
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin's bear hunters say they support a plan to study whether hunters are letting their dogs fight wolves.
UPDATE: CDC Confirms Enterovirus D68 has been found in Wisconsin
- UPDATED: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed a positive case of Enterovirus D68 from a child in Door County.
More State News Headlines