State News Headlines
More debate between supporters of Gov. Walker and Mary Burke
Posted: 11:42 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A spokeswoman for Trek Bicycles says its full page newspaper advertisement complies with Wisconsin law and is constitutionally protected free speech.
Governor candidates file campaign finance reports
Posted: 9:30 AM
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Longshot Democratic candidate for governor Brett Hulsey raised just shy of $2,500 over the first six months of the year.
Menards settles discrimination lawsuit filed by former executive
Posted: 9:23 AM
- EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) -- Court records and attorneys say the Menards home improvement company has settled a discrimination lawsuit filed by a former executive.
Train case could affect Wisconsin rail traffic
Posted: 7:08 AM
- A Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling in a case involving a train that struck a minivan that was stuck on the tracks on Memorial Day could have a wide-ranging impact on the state's rail traffic.
Democratic attorney general candidates at forum
Posted: 6:39 AM
- All three Democratic candidates for attorney general are scheduled to appear together at a forum hosted by the Dane County Democratic Party.
Wisconsin Supreme Court to rule in rape case
Posted: 6:35 AM
- The Wisconsin Supreme Court is set to rule in a case over whether a man convicted of raping a woman should be allowed to introduce testimony about an alleged prior consensual sexual relationship.
UPDATE: Donor gives Purple Heart to stabbing victim
Updated: 9:24 AM
- UPDATE: The Waukesha girl who was stabbed 19 times, allegedly by two classmates who thought her death would please a fictional online character, has received a special gift.
Police: Drunken 12-year-old taken to hospital
- Wausau police say a drunken 12-year-old boy was taken to a hospital and kept overnight.
Milwaukee area drowning victim, 14, identified
- The Milwaukee County sheriff's office has released the name of a 14-year-old boy who drowned while swimming in a Milwaukee-area river over the weekend.
UPDATE: Judge tosses Wisconsin senator's health care suit
- UPDATE:A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit that Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson filed to stop members of Congress and their employees from getting subsidized health insurance through small business exchanges.
UPDATE: Family wants officer who killed man to be charged
- UPDATE: The family of a man shot and killed by a Milwaukee police officer two months ago says the officer should be criminally charged.
Kleefisch leads Democrats in fundraising
- Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch says she has raised $520,000 through June and has $689,000 cash on hand.
Parents arrested in Milwaukee baby's death
- Milwaukee police have arrested the parents of a 2-month-old baby found dead in a home on the city's south side.
Police: Mayfly hatch causes 3-vehicle crash
- Police say a large hatch of mayflies may have caused a three-vehicle crash on a Wisconsin road.
Same-sex couples don't think full 7th Circuit Court of Appeals should hear arguments
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gay couples challenging Wisconsin's ban on same-sex marriages are objecting to the state's request that the full 7th Circuit Court of Appeals hear arguments in the case.
More State News Headlines