State News Headlines
Dog kills 7-year-old child in Dodge County
- A dog had severely bitten a 7-year-old child in Hustisford, Wisconsin
Wisconsin gubernatorial race in national spotlight
The amount of star power stopping in the state before the election shows just how huge this election has become. NBC News' Political Director was in town today talking about why all eyes are on Wisconsin.
Wisconsin health officials start ebola hotline
- Wisconsin state health officials have launched an Ebola hotline.
Burke continues to outspend Walker on TV
- The latest estimates of television advertising spending in Wisconsin's hotly contested governor's race shows Democrat Mary Burke and her backers continue to outpace Gov. Scott Walker and his supporters.
Mitchell Airport to get $14M in improvements
- MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee will get more than $14 million worth of improvements, including a new de-icing facility and upgrades to a runway.
UPDATE: What's the transportation question on my ballot?
- It's not just politicians on the ballot, but pot holes, and the money it takes to fix them. Essentially you will be asked should transportation funds be off-limits for other uses, or is borrowing money here and there OK?
Fight over antibiotics for animals heats up
- The fight over antibiotics use in animals is heating up in Dane County.
Hulsey launches write-in candidacy for governor
- Just 12 days before the election, state Rep. Brett Hulsey says he is running for governor as an independent write-in candidate.
Wisconsin court won't reconsider voter ID
- The Wisconsin Supreme Court has refused to reconsider whether the state's voter photo identification law is unconstitutional.
Most voucher students came from private schools
- The vast majority of students receiving a taxpayer-subsidized voucher to attend private school this year did not go to a Wisconsin public school last year.
Wisconsin's wolf season expected to end soon
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- It looks like Wisconsin's third wolf season could be over soon.
State Rep. Bill Kramer reaches plea deal in sex assault case
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- State Rep. Bill Kramer has reached a plea deal with Waukesha County prosecutors on sexual assault charges.
Judge extends blocking Wisconsin campaign law
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A federal judge has extended until Nov. 12 his order blocking a Wisconsin law election law that's at the center of an investigation into Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign and more than two dozen conservative groups.
Obama heading to Wisconsin in rare stumping trip
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- President Barack Obama is stopping in Wisconsin next week to help Democrat Mary Burke in her tight race to unseat Republican Gov. Scott Walker, marking a rare campaign-trail stop for the president.
Walker hasn't applied for preschool grant
- MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker's administration has not applied for $60 million in preschool development grants from the federal government, a move decried as irresponsible by Democrats.
More State News Headlines