Weird and Wacky News
New home in Mount Horeb named one of the greenest in the state
A house in Mount Horeb looks like any newly built house but almost every aspect of it is energy efficient. From the lighting to the heating to even the paint on the walls, dozens of carefully thought out designs make it one the greenest homes in the state.
UPDATE: Man avoids $525 fine for refill at SC hospital
- UPDATE: A man who faced a $525 fine for refilling an 89-cent drink at a Veterans Affairs hospital apparently will get off with a warning.
Website helps Packers fans find love
- Green Bay Packers fans looking for love have a new way to find a potential date that is also a Packer fan.
UPDATE: Governor signs rubber duck race bill
- UPDATE: Rubber duck races will be legal in Wisconsin under a bill Gov. Scott Walker has signed.
Brewers' winning streak could mean free burgers in Milwaukee area
- The Milwaukee Brewers' current nine-game winning streak has fans salivating. If they make it 10 straight Monday by beating the Cardinals, Sobelman's Pub & Grill near downtown Milwaukee will dish up free single-patty cheeseburgers all day Tuesday.
DNA on beer can leads to burglary suspect
- Drinking at the crime scene has apparently led to a burglary suspect in Beloit.
Oscar Mayer develops bacon app
- Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed? There's an app for that.
Madison Police squad car camera captures fireball in sky
- Madison Police say officers spotted a fireball in the sky Wednesday night, and it was caught on a squad car's camera.
Northeastern Georgia sheriff cancels Valentine's Day as ice slams South
- A sheriff in northeastern Georgia said he was canceling Valentine's Day because of the bad weather, telling men they were off the hook for the romantic gifts their partners may be expecting.
Jimmy the Groundhog predicts more winter
- Sun Prairie's version of Pennsylvania's Punxsutawney Phil is predicting more winter. Jimmy the Groundhog saw his shadow Sunday.
FAA grounds drone beer delivery
- A craft brewer had a plan to deliver beer to thirsty ice fishing anglers on a Minnesota lake until the Federal Aviation Administration stepped in and grounded the idea.
Lone Rock man recalls record-breaking cold day from 63 years ago
- A Lone Rock man recalls the morning hours of January 30, 1951, when temperatures hit 53 degrees below zero.
Concordia students have cozy walk to classes
- While Midwestern college students pile on layers to brave the frigid walk to classes in subzero weather, those attending a university set on the shores of Lake Michigan leave their coats in the dorms for a cozier trek to academic buildings. Concordia University Wisconsin, in Mequon, has nearly four miles of connecting tunnels.
Police 'like' wanted Pa. suspect's Facebook post
- The (Wilkes-Barre) Times Leader reports Pennsylvania officers arrested 35-year-old Anthony Lescowitch less than two hours after he shared a wanted photo of himself and taunted police for not being able to find him.
Waukesha men charged with theft of shrimp, chicken, frog legs
- A criminal complaint charges two Waukesha men with the theft of shrimp, chicken and frog legs from Dierks Waukesha Wholesale Foods.
More Weird and Wacky News