Weird and Wacky News
Oscar Mayer develops bacon app
- Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed? There's an app for that.
Madison Police squad car camera captures fireball in sky
- Madison Police say officers spotted a fireball in the sky Wednesday night, and it was caught on a squad car's camera.
UPDATE: Wisconsin rubber duck bill racing to finish line
- UPDATE: The "Ducktona 500" in Sheboygan Falls and the "Lucky Ducky Derby" in Menomonee Falls may soon be able to operate in Wisconsin without fear of breaking the law.
Northeastern Georgia sheriff cancels Valentine's Day as ice slams South
- A sheriff in northeastern Georgia said he was canceling Valentine's Day because of the bad weather, telling men they were off the hook for the romantic gifts their partners may be expecting.
Jimmy the Groundhog predicts more winter
- Sun Prairie's version of Pennsylvania's Punxsutawney Phil is predicting more winter. Jimmy the Groundhog saw his shadow Sunday.
FAA grounds drone beer delivery
- A craft brewer had a plan to deliver beer to thirsty ice fishing anglers on a Minnesota lake until the Federal Aviation Administration stepped in and grounded the idea.
Lone Rock man recalls record-breaking cold day from 63 years ago
- A Lone Rock man recalls the morning hours of January 30, 1951, when temperatures hit 53 degrees below zero.
Concordia students have cozy walk to classes
- While Midwestern college students pile on layers to brave the frigid walk to classes in subzero weather, those attending a university set on the shores of Lake Michigan leave their coats in the dorms for a cozier trek to academic buildings. Concordia University Wisconsin, in Mequon, has nearly four miles of connecting tunnels.
Police 'like' wanted Pa. suspect's Facebook post
- The (Wilkes-Barre) Times Leader reports Pennsylvania officers arrested 35-year-old Anthony Lescowitch less than two hours after he shared a wanted photo of himself and taunted police for not being able to find him.
Waukesha men charged with theft of shrimp, chicken, frog legs
- A criminal complaint charges two Waukesha men with the theft of shrimp, chicken and frog legs from Dierks Waukesha Wholesale Foods.
4 kittens pull 'break-in' at upstate NY prison
- A litter of kittens has found a cozy home in the least cozy of places -- a maximum-security prison in upstate New York.
Cheesy shortage: Kraft says Velveeta running low
- A Velveeta shortage could be a dent in your Super Bowl dip. Kraft Foods says some customers may not find Velveeta cheese over the next few weeks.
Police: In cold, escaped inmate turns himself in
- Just how cold is it in Kentucky? Apparently cold enough for an escaped prisoner to decide to turn himself in.
Rudolph, Wis. is very popular around Christmas
- Every year around this time, a part of central Wisconsin gets very popular. That's because the Wood County village of 439 people just happens to share the name of the most famous reindeer of all -- Rudolph.
Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- British doctors who carefully read Ian Fleming's series of James Bond novels say the celebrated spy regularly drank more than four times the recommended limit of alcohol per week. Their research was published in the light-hearted Christmas edition of the medical journal BMJ on Thursday.
More Weird and Wacky News