Posted-January 18th, 2012 9:42 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa – A strong second half propelled Iowa to a 69-57 win over the Wisconsin women’s basketball team at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Thursday night. Wisconsin led 28-27 at the half, but Iowa outscored the Badgers 42-29 in the second half for the win. The Hawkeyes shot 66.7 percent (14-of-21) in the second half.
· Wisconsin falls to 5-13 overall, 1-5 in Big Ten; Iowa improves to 11-8, 3-3.
· Sophomore Morgan Paige scores a career-high 20 points to lead the Badgers. The 5-9 guard was 6-of-10 from 3-point range, which ranks second on the UW single-game record list for 3-pointers made.
· Junior Taylor Wurtz added 12 points and Anya Covington 10 points for the Badgers.
· Wisconsin was outrebounded 41-19, the second-lowest single-game rebounding total in UW history.
· The Badgers had a season-high 11 steals to force 24 turnovers by Iowa. Wisconsin scored 22 points off turnovers.
· UW returns home to host Northwestern on Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Kohl Center.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.