Posted-January 18th, 2012 9:42 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa – A strong second half propelled Iowa to a 69-57 win over the Wisconsin women’s basketball team at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Thursday night. Wisconsin led 28-27 at the half, but Iowa outscored the Badgers 42-29 in the second half for the win. The Hawkeyes shot 66.7 percent (14-of-21) in the second half.
· Wisconsin falls to 5-13 overall, 1-5 in Big Ten; Iowa improves to 11-8, 3-3.
· Sophomore Morgan Paige scores a career-high 20 points to lead the Badgers. The 5-9 guard was 6-of-10 from 3-point range, which ranks second on the UW single-game record list for 3-pointers made.
· Junior Taylor Wurtz added 12 points and Anya Covington 10 points for the Badgers.
· Wisconsin was outrebounded 41-19, the second-lowest single-game rebounding total in UW history.
· The Badgers had a season-high 11 steals to force 24 turnovers by Iowa. Wisconsin scored 22 points off turnovers.
· UW returns home to host Northwestern on Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Kohl Center.
Designed by Gray Digital Media