As of 10/25/06
1. Each qualifier must disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth and Social Security number to NBC15/WMTV. Upon disclosure of the above information, the person will be officially eligible to be declared a winner despite any such inference on the air. Any person found to have supplied false or misleading information may be disqualified from the contest and would therefore forfeit the prize. All entrants to any NBC15/WMTV contest both imply and agree to participate in the contests and obey the rules by their participation in the contest.
2. Mail Contests: Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on-the-air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received unless otherwise specified in contest rules. NBC15/WMTV is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed by the station for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
3. Web Site Contests: To enter a contest on the NBC15/WMTV web site at www.nbc15.com, contestants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. No liability is assumed by the station for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person/per day for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received unless otherwise specified. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, NBC15/WMTV is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. NBC15/WMTV is simply a “link” to that advertiser’s site.
4. NBC15/WMTV has the right to require a winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release and return it to NBC15/WMTV within three (3) days of notification or NBC15/WMTV can determine an alternate winner at random. All prizes (not date sensitive) must be claimed no later than fifteen days after winning. If prize has not been claimed by this date, winner forfeits the prize and NBC15/WMTV reserves the right to select another winner.
5. Prizes are non-transferable and substitutions of cash or equivalent are not allowed other than a substitution by NBC15/WMTV that may be necessary due to the unavailability of a prize. If concert or other ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, NBC15/WMTV will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
6. No proxies (authorized agents or written authorizations) are accepted. The actual prize winner must claim prize.
7. Contests are open to all legal residents of the NBC15/WMTV viewing area as prescribed by Nielsen DMA. NBC15/WMTV reserves the right to set any age requirement for any contest, at any time. If winner is a minor, prize will be awarded to winner's parent or legal guardian.
8. Employees of NBC15/WMTV, Gray Television, Inc. and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production, promotion and fulfillment agencies, other broadcast companies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible for any contest.
9. Each contestant agrees that NBC15/WMTV can use his/her voice, name and likeness for promotional purposes without additional compensation. All participants agree to and are bound by official rules and NBC15/WMTV reserves the right to establish additional rules at any time.
10. As a condition of winning, no contest winner may represent, or appear in an advertisement for any other television station, other than NBC15/WMTV for a period of one year from the date they win the contest. Winners also may not grant interviews about their participation in any NBC15/WMTV contests or make public comments in any medium, including the Internet without prior written permission of NBC15/WMTV. Additionally, no prize may be used in any way that would be disparaging to NBC15/WMTV.
11. NBC15/WMTV will not be responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or late mail. Prizes mailed with or without winner’s request cannot be replaced. NBC15/WMTV requests, unless otherwise instructed, that prizes be picked-up at the station: 615 Forward Drive, Madison, WI.
12. Contests are void where prohibited or restricted by law. All Federal, State, Local laws and regulations shall apply. For any standard NBC15 WMTV contest, there may be only one (1) winner per family or household in any 90 day period. This 90 day period may be waived for specific, major station promotions. Upon winning a prize valued at $1,000.00 or more or winning a trip, the household may not win a second trip or prize valued at $1,000.00 or more within a one (1) year period following the first win.
13. NBC15/WMTV reserves the right to disqualify any contestant and determine an alternate winner at random in the event that any of these contest rules are not met. Contestant must provide legal ID and Social Security number to claim prize (Minors: see Rule #6). All prizes valued over $599.00 are subject to applicable state and/or federal taxes and a 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner. Winner must sign a legal release form provided by NBC15/WMTV to obtain prizes valued over $599.00
14. Winners will be granted 15 days from the time they are awarded their prize to claim it. Should a winner not claim their prize or notify the station of an inability to collect their prize in this time frame, it will be considered surrendered and no longer attainable.
15. Should a winner die before claiming his/her prize, said prize will be awarded to winner's estate, subject to all other applicable laws.
16. No purchase or consideration is necessary to win.
17. Decisions by NBC15/WMTV regarding winner and all contest details are final and binding in all respects.
18. NBC15/WMTV and its sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement prizes.
19. In accepting a NBC15/WMTV prize, the winner accepts to take the prize as outlined in such promotion. Dates for concert, flight departure/arrival, weekend stays, etc, cannot be changed by winner. If winner is not able or chooses not to accept prize “as is”, winner forfeits his/her prize. NBC15/WMTV reserves the right to select another winner. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue or event for which a prize was awarded, unless otherwise specified.
20. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by NBC15/WMTV prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from NBC15/WMTV does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside of the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited.
21. All winners, by acceptance of prize, agree to release NBC15/WMTV, Gray Television, Inc., its promotional partner(s), and clients, together with their respective parent companies and subsidiaries from any liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt or use of prize or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
22. For a copy of the official contest rules or a list of winners (no longer than 30 days after a contest has concluded), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to NBC15/WMTV, 615 Forward Dr., Madison, WI 53711.
23. Odds of winning are undeterminable and depend on varying telephone response rates, internet access and/or the volume of entries received.
24. If any portion of the above rules is determined to be unenforceable due to local or state laws, all other portions of these official rules shall remain in effect.