Selected Community Events
Pipers in the Prairie
Oct 4, 2014 4:30-8:00 pm
Aldo Leopold Nature Center: 330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
Join the Aldo Leopold Nature Center to light up the night sky at the 12th Annual Pipers in the Prairie major fundraising gala! Bagpipers will enchant guests with their ethereal melodies during this unique and extravagant evening featuring:
• Complimentary Wine, Beer and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
• A hearty buffet of delicious hors d’oeurves and decadent desserts!
• Captivating Celtic music by West Wind and a prairie performance by the Green Man!
• An enticing onsite and online silent auction!
• Seasonally inspired crafts for the kids!
• Exciting Irish dance demonstration by Cashel Dennehy!
• Pipers in the Prairie and Drummers on the Drumlin!
• A spectacular Festival Fire by Prairie Restorationists!
All proceeds from this celebration benefit children’s programming at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center. This event continues the celebration of Aldo Leopold Nature Center’s 20th anniversary in the Monona community; ALNC has been offering nature education programs since 1994 and has become a premier environmental education facility for the region. Pre-registration is recommended. For information or to register, visit aldoleopoldnaturecenter.org, call 608-216-9373 or e-mail email@example.com.
Kelley Van Egeren. firstname.lastname@example.org. (608) 216-9373
Family Geocaching Adventure
Sep 6, 2014 1-4pm
ALNC Black Earth Campus 10648 Sutcliffe Rd, Black Earth, WI 53515
Join us for a modern day treasure hunt! Geocaches are hidden containers that you track down using GPS units. Learn how to use a GPS unit and spend the afternoon on a geocaching adventure at ALNC’s Black Earth campus to find caches. We’ll also have a crash course in map and compass orienteering, a good skill to have in case technology fails. GPS units will be provided, but feel free to bring your own if you have one.
ALNC members: $7/person or $25/family; Non-members: $8/person or $29/family
Creal Zearing, email@example.com, (608) 221-0404