Advertisement

Madison house fire started by improperly discarded fireworks

Firefighters say flames on a front porch spread to a home Sunday night
.
.(WMTV)
Published: Jul. 6, 2020 at 4:25 AM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - A house fire in Madison Sunday night was started by improperly discarded fireworks.

According to the Madison Fire Department, crews responded just before 11 p.m. for a front porch on fire at a home on Seven Nations Drive. Heavy flames spread to the front of the house as firefighters arrived on scene.

The flames were knocked down by 11:14 p.m. Investigators shared that they believe the fire started after fireworks were improperly discarded.

Everyone inside was able to get out of the home, but one person was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.

Copyright 2020 WMTV. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News