Volunteers join search for missing Baraboo girl
People can still volunteer at the Baraboo Civic Center
MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - Volunteers flocked to the Baraboo Civic Center on Tuesday morning to help search for Kodie Dutcher, the missing 10-year-old girl who was the subject of an AMBER Alert. Kodie’s body was found in a rural area less than a mile from her home later that morning.
Kodie had been last seen around 4 p.m. Monday in the 1100 block of 12th Street, in Baraboo.
Officials had been encouraging anyone who would like to aid in the search for Kodie to come to the civic center, at 124 2nd Street, to register. Volunteers were divided into groups and are currently working on a secondary search near Kodie’s home.
Police also listed a set of guidelines for people wanting to join the search:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be in good physical condition. Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 is asked to stay home
- Facemasks are encouraged, but not required
- If you see or find anything suspicious, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Contact the team leader
- Stay within earshot or eyeshot of the team leader
- If you do find something, please keep the privacy and integrity of the investigation in mind. Do not take photographs or share details on social media or to media present. If you take photographs, your phone can be seized as evidence, they warn
Copyright 2020 WMTV. All rights reserved.