Gas leak controlled in DeForest
MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - DeForest officials are asking residents who smell gas in their homes to evacuate and vent it out, after a gas leak was contained in the city.
According to the DeForest Police Department, police and firefighters responded to East Lincoln Drive and East North Street around 2 p.m for a gas main leak.
Officials asked residents to shelter in place or stay away from the area.
The gas leak was controlled by 2:30 p.m., but Madison Gas & Electric estimates that 50-60 residences are affected.
Residents who smell gas in their home should not turn on lights, ignition or spark-causing devices. DeForest PD said residents should then contact MG&E right away.
Copyright 2021 WMTV. All rights reserved.