Advertisement

Vaccination rates vary widely on UW-System campuses - See full list

(NBC15)
Published: Sep. 20, 2021 at 8:54 AM CDT|Updated: Sep. 20, 2021 at 12:21 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — University of Wisconsin officials say student vaccination rates for COVID-19 vary widely among the system’s campuses.

At the Madison campus, 91% of students are fully vaccinated, the highest number among the system’s universities.

The lowest number of vaccinated students are at UW-Parkside where 38% have been inoculated. Other campuses range from 75% at La Crosse to 46% at Stevens Point.

CampusVaccination Rate
UW-Eau Claire69%
UW-Green Bay55%
UW-La Crosse75%
UW-Madison91%
UW-Milwaukee74%
UW-Oshkosh61%
UW-Parkside38%
UW-Platteville47%
UW-River Falls55%
UW-Stout58%
UW-Superior50%
UW-Whitewater64%

In a statement to NBC15 News, UW-Platteville spokesperson Paul Erickson noted that the UW System’s figures are based on the total student body and counts those who have not responded to its survey as not being vaccinated.

According to Erickson, over three-quarters of the students who have responded told the university they were vaccinated. However, only 62 percent of the students have responded, meaning the other 38 percent - regardless of their vaccination status - gets lumped in with those who explicitly said they were not vaccinated.

UW System interim President Tommy Thompson has recently been touring campuses around the state to promote a scholarship drawing aimed at encouraging students to get vaccinated during the fall semester.

clarification: Story updated with statement from UW-Platteville on the results of its student survey.

Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.