Advertisement

Fire at Rock Co. liquor store causes $17K in damages

(WCAX)
Published: May. 13, 2022 at 8:43 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - A Janesville liquor store is reported to need $17,000 worth of repairs after a fire started in the back of the building.

The Janesville Police Department arrived at The Liquor Cabinet on 1924 E. Milwaukee Street at approximately 9:40 p.m. Friday.

According to their report, there was heavy smoke at the rear the building and a fire burning on the back exterior wall. The fire was extinguished within minutes after emergency personnel arrived on scene.

It is believed that a plastic container filled with cigarette butts was the cause of the fire.

The store was vacant when the fire started and there were no injuries, according to JFD.

Copyright 2022 WMTV. All rights reserved.