Advertisement

Malfunctioning pool equipment causes fire on Colony Dr. in Madison

Multiple 911 calls came in with reports of the fire at 5:10 p.m., according to MFD.
Multiple 911 calls came in with reports of the fire at 5:10 p.m., according to MFD.(Madison Fire Department)
Published: May. 14, 2022 at 5:53 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - The Madison Fire Department is responded to a structure fire on the 7100 block of Colony Drive Saturday afternoon.

Multiple 911 calls came in with reports of the fire at 5:10 p.m., according to MFD.

When crews arrived, significant flames and smoke were coming from the exterior of the home. Crews entered the home and began to attack the fire from the interior, while other crews performed a search of the house.

The occupant of the home was safely outside by the time crews arrived, and the search confirmed there were no other occupants.

The fire began on the outside of the house but quickly spread up the siding and into the attic space, MFD said. This caused significant damage to the attic and upper level of the home.

MFD determined that the fire was accidental and was caused by a malfunctioning backyard pool pump filtration system.

Damage estimates are not yet available.

No one was injured as a result of the fire, but one person is displaced because of the damage.

Copyright 2022 WMTV. All rights reserved.