Wisconsin Beef Council: Irish-inspired recipes for St. Patty’s Day!
Published: Mar. 12, 2023 at 9:51 AM CDT
MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) -For the Irish in us all for St. Patrick’s Day, Angie Horkan with Wisconsin Beef Council is bringing simple, easy to serve corn beef recipes!
Corned Beef with Apple-Onion Sauté
- 1 Corned Beef Brisket Boneless with seasoning packet (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium McIntosh apple, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place Corned Beef Brisket in roasting pan; place coarsely chopped onion and garlic around brisket. Sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over brisket. Add 1-1/2 cups cider; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Braise in 350°F oven 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Apple-Onion Sauté. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion wedges; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are lightly brown, stirring occasionally. Add apples, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cider, brown sugar and thyme; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with Apple-Onion Sauté.
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli Corned Beef Brisket
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing, divided
- 8 slices rye, swirl rye or pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (about 3/4 ounce each)
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread 2 teaspoons dressing on each bread slice; cut slices into quarters. Place bread pieces in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted, rotating baking sheets half way through baking.
- Meanwhile, cut cheese slices into quarters; cut each quarter diagonally in half to form 32 triangles. Top bread pieces evenly with Corned Beef, cheese slices and sauerkraut.
- Heat appetizers in 425°F oven 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top evenly with remaining dressing.
Click here to download the NBC15 News app or our NBC15 First Alert weather app.
Copyright 2023 WMTV. All rights reserved.