(WMTV) -- With increasing temperatures this week, people in South Central Wisconsin are seeking places to cool off.
Public health officials remind people there are hundreds of designated cooling centers around the state, including public libraries and community centers.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services says keeping hydrated is key, even if you may be in a pool. They say drink plenty of water, but avoid drinks with caffeine and alcohol. Eating watermelon, cucumbers, and lettuce can also help people avoid dehydration.
While a lot of people may head to the "Waterpark Capital of the World," there are several local options.
- Arena Fire/EMS Station Located at 111 David Circle. Open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- Baraboo Public Library Located at 230 4th Ave. Open from 9 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Barneveld Library Located at 107 W. Orbison. Open from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
- Aquatic Center: Located at 626 West Main Street. It is operated by Belleville High School. Open swim is available at select times. For more information, click here.
- Krueger Pool: Located at 1700 Hackett Street. For more information on hours an admission fees, click here.
- Blue Mound State Park Pool and Splash Park:Located inside the state park at 4350 Mounds Park Road. The pool is equipped with an ADA lift chair for those in need of assistance.In addition to the pool there is an outdoor themed splash pad that features a tent, trees and a campfire. For more information on hours and admission fees, click here.
- Cobb Public LibraryLocated at 109 Mifflin St. It is open from 9:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Tuesdays through Thursdays and 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Aquatic Center: Located at 1049 Park Avenue. The facility features a tot slide, a drop vortex slide, and geysers. For information on hours and admission fees, click here.
- Splash Park:Located at Conservancy Commons Park. The address is 6822 Yellowwood Lane. It is open daily from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Dodgeville Library:The address is 139 South Iowa St. It is open from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Tuesdays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Fridays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Splash Park: There are three zones: Toddler, with soft mists and gentle streams; Pre-teens, with high-energy, team-building activities; and Families, with dumping buckets and water tunnels. The splash pad is open from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. It is located at McKee Farms Park on Chapel Valley Road.
- St. Anthony & Philip Parish:Located at 726 Main St. Open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays through Saturdays.
- Lions Beach: Located at 1400 Palmer Drive. There is no lifeguard on duty. People are able to swim in Lions Park Pond.
- Palmer Park Wading Pool:Located at 2400 Palmer Drive. There is a daily $1 fee per child. Supervising adults are free. The pool is for children ages 8 and under. Lifeguards are on duty, but adult supervision is required. The pool is open daily from Noon - 7 p.m.
- Riverside Park Splash Pad: Located at 2600 Parkside Drive.The splash pad replaced the wading pool at the park.The design depicts the Ice Age Trail and river with a color pallet of neutral colors, blues and greens, reflective of Riverside Park's natural setting.
- Rockport Pool: Located at 2801 Rockport Road. It features a diving well and baby pool. For more information about hours and admission prices, click here.
- Goodman Pool: Madison's first municipal swimming pool is located at 325 West Olin Avenue. For hours and prices, click here.
- Splash Parks: Madison Parks offers three splash parks that are always free to use from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. They are located at Cypress, Elver, and Reindahl Parks. For more information, click here.
- Beaches: Seasonal lifeguards are at select beaches. Keep an eye on the water quality, by checking out Public Health Madison & Dane County's websites.
- Wisconsin Heights Community Splash Pad: Located in Mazomanie Lions Park at 318 Park Street.
- Lions Park Swimming Pool: Located at 318 Park Street. For more information on hours and fees, click here.
- Aquatic Center:The Walter R. Bauman Aquatic Center is an outdoor facility.It includes zero-depth pool entrance, an eight lane competition pool, as well as a diving well. Other attractions at the center include two 134-foot run water slides, interactive water play equipment, sand playground, and a concession area. For more information on hours and admission fees, click here.
- Splash Park: Kids will enjoy the splash pad at Lakeview Park.This water playground is fully accessible and safe for all ages. Hours of operation are from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Community Pool: Located at 1013 Nichols Road. The pool features a water slide, two diving boards and a wading pool. For more information on hours and admission fees click here.
- Aquatic Center: Located at 204 Park Street. It features a 35-meter pool, zero-depth baby pool, water slide, and wet sand play area. For hours and admission information click here.
- Goodyear Park Splash Pad: Located at 920 DeWitt Street. The splash pad is open from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Dolphin's Cove:Located at the Prairie Athletic Club off Bird Street.It includes more than 30 interactive play water
options, including high speed slides and a lazy river. PAC members have first priority, but guests should inquire ahead to find out if there is enough availability. For more information click here.
- Splash Park: Sun Prairie does NOT have a splash park, but the city council is hoping to change that. It will be located at Wetmore Park. Design work is expected to be completed in 2019. Construction is slated for 2020.
- Family Aquatic Center The Aquatic Center is located on Linnerud Drive. It features zero-depth entry, 2 water spray features, water slides, and sand volleyball courts. Hours vary and there is an admission fee.For more information click here. .
- Fireman's Park Beach & Splash Park:Located at Paoli and Bruce Streets. The beach is staffed with lifeguards from 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. The splash park is open from 10 a.m - 7 p.m. daily. There is an admission fee. For more information click here.
- Splash Park:Located at Cradle Hill Park. The address is 4361 Cradle Hill Drive. It is open daily from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. A second splash park will open later this summer in the Bear Tree subdivision
This list continues to grow. If you know of a great location to beat the heat, you can email your submission to email@example.com.