Crews respond to fire at Sun Prairie apartment complex

By  | 

SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (WMTV) - Fire crews responded to an apartment complex fire in Sun Prairie early Thursday morning.

According to Dane County Dispatch, the call came in at 1:49 a.m. for a structure fire on Chase Boulevard. We're told the apartment building is predominantly senior living.

The Sun Prairie Fire Chief says the fire sparked in the ceiling in a restroom of an apartment. A ceiling fixture fell, and crews were dealing with spot fires for about two hours.

Officials say a woman living in the apartment got out without injuries, but one fire fighter was treated for inhalation.

Fire crews are still on the scene for a full investigation, but the fire is out.

People are being let back into the building, and a neighbor is taking in the woman who lived in the now inhabitable apartment.

Red Cross is also on scene of the fire helping the woman with other things like medication.