Slow, no wake in effect for Dane County, updated road closures
Due to increasing lake levels and substantial amounts of floating debris, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office is requesting boaters to avoid Dane County lakes over the weekend.
A strict slow – no wake restricting is in effect in the county, according to Dane County Emergency Management.
New road closures across the county:
- Highway 14 bridge west of Black Earth
- County Highway J (Old Military Road to County Highway S)
- County highway G (County Highway J to Marsh Lane)
A detour has been set up in Sauk County and Iowa County detouring traffic from Highway 14 to Highway 60 to Highway 12. The Red Cross shelter at Mazomanie Elementary School will be closed Sunday morning.
Stagecoach Road in Cross Plains is now closed between the railroad tracks and County Highway 14 starting Saturday. The area is closed to pump water to gain access for road repairs.
There are multiple reopened roads across the county:
- Highway 69 (Highway 151 to County Highway PB)
- Highway 69 (County Highway PB to County Highway A)
- Beltline Ramps at Greenway
- Beltline Ramps ar Highway 14 to Pleasant View
- County Highway Y at the Mazomanie Village Limits
- County Highway M between Old Creek Road to Branch Street in Middleton
Century Avenue at Branch Street has been re-opened in each direction with additional work planned for Saturday and possibility of all lanes being open by Saturday night.
The United Way’s 2-1-1 hotline reported receiving more than 1068 individual reports of private property damage from Dane County.
Other agencies are collecting damage assessments, but 2-1-1 reporting is essential. Those impacted are expected to report damage as soon as possible.