Two Sun Prairie police officers help save residents from fire

By  | 

SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (WMTV) Two Sun Prairie Police Officers and two people are recovering after inhaling smoke while trying to evacuate a fire.

Fire crews say a dryer started on fire at a home in the 900 block of Chandler Lane Tuesday night. Initial reports showed someone was still in the building when the fire started. Two officers who were first on the scene helped rescue two people.

When more help arrived, four pets were also rescued from the fire and given to family members.

Fire crews found flames coming from the basement and were able to put the fire out quickly.