Educational apps to use before virtual learning begins
Schools are not in session for the foreseeable future as the number of coronavirus cases in Wisconsin continues to grow.
Parents can turn screen time though into an educational experience.
Educators say there are many great apps made available everyday. Here are some of them:
- kidsactivities.com: Take a virtual field trip from your couch. You can visit National Parks, the Smithsonian, or the Louvre.
- YouVisit: Take a virtual tour of a college campus
- GoNoodle: Try an online dance class or activity video
- Mr. Melvin Makes: Cole Melvin is a local teacher demonstrating art projects on YouTube.
- Kennedy Center daily lunch doodle: Mo Willems invites people to his studio to learn to draw, doodle, and explore writing.
- Story Time From Space: Astronauts read books aloud
- Mystery Science: Ideas for science projects for remote learning