MADISON, Wis. (WMTV)--- Crews responded to a death investigation in Madison on Wednesday night.
A spokesperson with the Madison Police Department said officers, along with the Madison Fire Department, were called to the 800 block of Williamson Street just before 8:30 p.m. A 67-year-old Madison resident was deceased in his home. Also, the man’s 67-year-old wife was found inside the home. She was in critical condition, and she was taken to a local hospital.
Police said fire officials evaluated the scene, and they determined that a gas leak and a Carbon Monoxide leak had not occurred. Investigators do not believe foul play was involved, and it was likely health related events that are the cause.
The Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office was on scene. The investigation continues.