Trump say he'll expand US anti-missile programs

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump says he's planning to add billions of dollars to the nation's anti-missile programs.

Trump tells reporters after a security briefing at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, "We are going to be increasing out budget by many billions of dollars."

He says an announcement is planned soon.

Trump also says the nation's nuclear arsenal is in "in tip-top shape" and getting stronger. And he insists his administration has "done a lot of modernization" and "a lot of renovation" already.

Trump is also warning about the dangers of nuclear weapons, saying he'd like to "de-nuke the world." But he says that, until that happens, the U.S. "will be the most powerful nuclear nation on earth, by far."

Copyright 2017: Associated Press

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (AP) --President Donald Trump says that perhaps his `fire and fury' warning to North Korea "wasn't tough enough." Trump is issuing a new warning over the North's development of nuclear weapons.

Trump says North Korea "better get their act together or they are going to be in trouble like few nations have ever been in trouble."

The president was addressing reporters during his vacation at his New Jersey golf club before a security briefing with top advisers.

It's the latest warning since he said earlier this week that North Korea faces "retaliation with fire and fury unlike any the world has seen before."

North Korea has said it may attack Guam in retaliation.

Copyright 2017: Associated Press

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(NBC News) - North Korea announced on Thursday a detailed plan to launch ballistic missiles toward the US Pacific territory of Guam.

The announcement warns that they are preparing to fire four of its missiles over Japan and into waters around the island, which hosts 7,000 US military personnel on two main bases.

160,000 civilians live there and they are considered US citizens.

Japan and South Korea vowed a strong reaction if the north were to go through with the plan.

Copyright 2017: NBC News

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (AP) -- North Korea's military says President Donald Trump's warning of "fire and fury" if it threatens the U.S. is a "load of nonsense."

The North is responding to Trump's threat in a statement from its military carried by state-run news agency KCNA. The statement says that "only absolute force" can work on someone as "bereft of reason" as Trump.

The North Korean statement also says the military action its army "is about to take" will be effective for restraining America's "frantic moves" in and near the southern part of the Korean Peninsula.

It says North Korea will complete a plan by mid-August for the "historic enveloping fire at Guam," convey it to the commander in chief of its nuclear force and then "wait for his order." North Korea says it will "keep closely watching the speech and behavior of the U.S."

Copyright 2017: Associated Press