MADISON, Wis. (WMTV)--- Paul McCartney took the state for the first time in Madison Thursday evening.
McCartney started at Kohl Center at 8 p.m. There was no opening act. Kohl Center gates opened at 6:30 p.m.
The 76-year-old has been traveling all over on, “The Freshen Up Tour.” He first gained worldwide fame and secured a spot in music history as a founding member of The Beatles.
McCartney will also play historic Lambeau Field on Saturday. It is Sir Paul’s first concert at Lambeau Field. Other stops on the tour include: Moline, Illinois on June 11; Arlington, Texas on June 14; San Diego on June 22; Phoenix on June 26 and Las Vegas on Junen 28.
According to uwbadgers.com, here are some important reminders for the Paul McCartney concert in Madison:
Frances Street (south of Dayton Street) and Lake Street (between Dayton Street and W. Johnson Street) will have parking restrictions starting at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 5 through 4 a.m. on Friday, June 7.
Parking is available in the lots surrounding the Kohl Center on a first-come, first-served basis. UW-Madison Campus Lots 29, 46, 48 (accessible parking), 83, and 91 are all available for $10 (credit cards preferred, cash accepted) starting at 2:30 p.m.
The City of Madison State Street Ramp (430 N. Frances Street) and City of Madison Overture Center Garage (318 W. Mifflin St.) will have $8 special event pay-on entry parking available.
Entry and Security
To ensure the highest level of safety and security, all guests will go through walk-through metal detectors and are subject to search upon entry at all entrances to the Kohl Center. Remove your cell phones and keys as you approach. Do not remove watches, shoes, hats, wallets, belts, or coins.
Prohibited items at the Kohl Center include:
• Professional audio or video recording devices - (cameras and recorders and iPads)
• Oversized bags (Maximum bag size is 8.5" x 11" with clear totes no larger than 12" x 6" x 12")
• Flags, large banners, or signs with poles (standard sheet of paper signs are ok)
• Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances or any paraphernalia associated with drug use
• Cans, bottles, coolers or any outside food or drink
• Laptops Laser pens or pointers of any type
• Monopods, tripods and selfie-sticks
• Noisemakers or air horns
• All Illegal guns and weapons are prohibited
• Pepper spray/Mace Chains, knives and spiked jewelry
• Any additional item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
In addition, no professional photography equipment will be allowed in the venue without proper media credentials.