MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - The NBC15 News Team was recognized with several Eric Sevareid Awards at this weekend’s Midwest Broadcast Journalists Association’s awards gala.
NBC15 was honored with two first place trophies and seven awards of merit at the ceremony Saturday night in Bloomington, MN.
First Place – Medium Market Television
- Investigative, “Mollie’s Story and Narcan by the Numbers”
- Social Media (live streaming), “Beaver Dam Apartment Burn”
Awards of Merit
- General Reporting, “The Call That Saved A Life”
- Hard Feature, “Making New Memories”
- Photojournalism,“Bucky on Parade: Building Bucky”
- Series, “Bucky on Parade ”
- Social Media, “Historic Flooding in Western Dane Co.”
- Sports Reporting, “The Family That Fishes Together”
- Spot News, “WTS Paradigm Office Shooting”
The Eric Sevareid Awards are awarded for excellence in journalism and are presented annually to stations and journalists working in television, radio and online within the MBJA’s six-state service area—Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North and South Dakota. The awards are named for the North Dakota-born and University of Minnesota-educated journalist, Eric Sevareid, who is best known for his work as a correspondent for CBS Radio and Television.
WMTV competes against television stations in the Green Bay-Appleton and Madison markets; and also stations in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, and Quad Cities, Iowa; Fargo, North Dakota; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Omaha and Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, Nebraska.
The television awards competition is divided into three categories, Large, Medium and Small Market and recognizes work done during 2018.
The nominations were announced in March.
You may view the complete list of 2018 Eric Sevareid awardees by