Makes 4 servings
1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (1 pound)
1 teaspoon pepper
2 packages (3 ounces each) beef or Oriental-flavored ramen noodles
2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups water
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon miso paste (optional)
Such as shredded carrots, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas, sliced fresh mushrooms, sliced green onions, baby spinach or bamboo shoots
Thinly sliced cilantro or basil, sriracha, pickled ginger, sesame seeds, chopped dried seaweed (nori), lime wedges
DirectionsTotal Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes
1. Cut beef Steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine beef, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from 1 ramen noodle package. Reserve remaining seasoning from packet for broth; discard second seasoning packet.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry half of beef 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
3. Combine water, onion, garlic, ginger and reserved seasoning from packet in same skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Add noodles. Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat and cook according to package directions or until noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes. Stir in beef and miso, if desired. Serve immediately with Toppings and Garnishes, as desired.
1. 1 package (1 pound) presliced beef (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick) may be substituted
2. If not using miso paste, use both seasoning packets from ramen noodles. Add second packet to broth in step 2.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association