1 medium butternut squash, cubed
1 medium apple, cubed
¼ cup olive oil, divided
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
4 slices thick cut bacon
2 sweet onions, sliced thin
1 cup apple cider
1 whole wheat flatbread pizza crust
1 cup shredded gruyere
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
¼ cup fresh sage, chopped
Roasted pepitas, for topping
Honey, for topping
Ground cinnamon, for topping
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place butternut squash cubes on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 50-60 minutes, until tender and browned. At the halfway point, add apples and stir to coat with oil.
3. In a large skillet, cook bacon on medium high, flipping once, until crispy, about 6-7 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel. When cooled, crumble.
4. Drain about half of the bacon fat. Add onions and cook until starting to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add apple cider and simmer until onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes.
5. Coat the flatbread crust with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Top with squash, apples, caramelized onions, crumbled bacon, gruyere, blue cheese and sage. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and browned.
6. Slice and top with pepitas, honey and cinnamon.