- 1 medium butternut squash,
· 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel squash using vegetable peeler. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Chop into cubes and place on baking sheet.
3. Mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour over squash and mix.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes, flipping squash halfway through, until soft and caramelized.
5. Alternatively, this recipe can be made in a slow cooker. Add all ingredients and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 2-4 hours.