1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup Brown Suger
1/2 cup sugar
2 ea. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1 cup flour
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and blend until incorporated.
4. Add melted chocolate and blend, scraping sides occasionally.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
6. Combine dry ingredients with chocolate mixture and mix until completely blended.
7. Cut a parchment circle the size of a 9" cake pan. Spray with vegetable spray and dust with flour to prevent cake from sticking.
8. Scoop chocolate batter into prepared pan until entire pan is covered. Place in oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the center is set. Test with a toothpick. Pick should come out of cake clean when done.
9. Allow cake to cool for 10-15 minutes. Go around outside of cake with a knife, then flip cake out on a plate. Cut and serve.