Makes about 24 stuffed mushrooms.
8 ounces leftover corned beef, chopped
24-30 button or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
½ cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup chives, minced
2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
5 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
For the Panko topping:
1½ cups panko bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup chopped parsley
DirectionsTotal Recipe Time: 30-40 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F.
2. In a small pan melt the butter and then stir in the panko bread crumbs. Let the bread crumbs brown, stirring often until they are all toasted. Remove from the heat, add parsley, and set aside to cool.
3. While the bread crumbs are browning, combine the corned beef with the parmesan cheese, chives, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. You can do this by hand or with a hand held mixer.
4. Fill each mushroom cap with about one tablespoon of the mixture depending on how big the mushroom is. You want a good amount of the filling in each one.
5. Top with the panko bread crumbs and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Deli Corned Beef may be substituted for cooked Corned Beef.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association