1 pound cold cheese curds or cubed cheddar or brick
1 cup flour
¾-1 cup of your favorite beer (recommend a lite beer)
2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, plus extra for seasoning at the end
Oil for frying
Directions1. Heat oil to 375-400 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour and Tony Chachere's
3. Add beer starting with a ¾ cup beer to start and mix till combined. At this point, you may or may not need to add more beer. Should be the consistency of pancake batter.
4. Working in batches, place 5-6 curds at a time into beer batter, stir until evenly coated. Lift cheese curds out with a fork or slotted spoon.
5. Carefully place battered curds in hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel or paper bag.
6. Hit the hot curds with a generous amount of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Serve the creole deep fried curds with your favorite Tony Chachere's Sandwich sauce: Creole, Bacon Ranch, Spicy-Sweet, or Zesty.
*375-400 degrees is ideal for frying cheese curds. The oil temperature will drop as you begin frying the cold curds, so be sure and keep an eye on the temp
*Always start using cold cheese with this recipe. If you want to get technical, cheese should not be above 36 degrees. Any warmer, and the batter will not stick so well.