2 pounds tomatoes, about 5-6
1 handful fresh basil
4 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup cream
2-3 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
1 pound pasta cooked, following package directions
2 tablespoons olive oil
*optional: cooked sausage, chicken, shrimp
Directions1. Quarter tomatoes and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the basil and garlic to the tomatoes. ( You can also cut the tomatoes and mince the garlic by hand if you don’t have a food processor).
2. Pulse the tomatoes, garlic, and basil until it is finely chopped.
3. Pour olive oil into a wide sauce pan and place over high heat. Carefully pour tomato mixture in pan. Add the creole seasoning, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in cream.
5. Pour sauce over cooked pasta, top with parmesan cheese.
6. This makes a great vegetarian dinner, or add your favorite protein, and enjoy!