Makes 4 servings
2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning, divided
1 medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges
1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
8 cups mixed salad greens
DirectionsTotal Recipe Time: about 15 minutes
1. Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Whisk vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
2. Press 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning evenly onto beef steaks.
3. Soak two 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread onion wedges onto skewers. Brush onions and cut sides of squash with oil; sprinkle with remaining teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning.
4. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Grill squash 8 to 12 minutes (7 to 11 minutes for gas) and onions 12 to 15 minutes (13 to 16 minutes for gas) or until tender, turning occasionally.
5. Cut squash into 3/4-inch pieces. Arrange squash and onions over greens. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Arrange over salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss.
Garnish with shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese, crumbled blue cheese or croutons, if desired.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association