Makes 6-8 burgers
2 pounds Ground Beef (80/20)
Mushrooms, sliced (any variety will do)
1 can sliced pineapples, drained
Havarti cheese, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
½ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
½ cup water
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
Juice from 2 fresh orange wedges
1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
Dash of ground ginger
DirectionsTotal Recipe Time: 45 minutes
1. Season Ground Beef with salt and pepper. Shape ground beef into 1/2-inch thick patties. Set aside.
2. Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter, adding a pinch of salt and pepper while cooking. Don’t overcook; just until soft.Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Make Homemade Teriyaki Sauce. Whisk together all ingredients for teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan, mixing well. Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, until it just starts to reach a boil. Taste and add a bit more sugar if needed. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.
4. Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices around patties. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple, uncovered, 8 minutes or until heated through. (Gas grilling times remain the same.) About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place rolls, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
5. To assemble, top bottom of bun with lettuce, grilled pineapple slice, burger with cheese, sautéed mushrooms and drizzle with Teriyaki Sauce.
Teriyaki sauce can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Chew Out Loud via Wisconsin Beef Council.