2 Tbsp. butter
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
½ medium jalapeno, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cup corn kernels (6 large ears), fresh or thawed
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
⅔ cup 2% milk
2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. salt
¾ tsp. ground black pepper
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Parsley or cilantro
¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup Queso fresco cheese, for garnish
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a nine inch pie pan.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
3. Add onion and jalapenos and cook about 4 minutes, until slightly browned at edges.
4. Turn heat down to medium, add garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
5. Combine onion/jalapeno/garlic mixture in a medium mixing bowl with corn, green chilies, bacon, milk, cheeses, salt and pepper. After stirring, add eggs and mix well. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
6. Combine melted butter, panko herbs and cheeses in a bowl. Sprinkle over pie. Bake about 35 minutes, until slightly puffed, set, and beginning to brown.
7. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving and serve with Queso fresco cheese.