JOB TITLE: WMTV NBC15 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
If you have the desire to grow your news skills, take initiative, and have the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback, then you could be our next intern.
WMTV, the NBC-affiliate in Madison, Wis., offers two internship programs: one for news gathering (producing, reporting, photography and digital) and one for news operation/production (directing, master control and editing).
Our program is designed to give undergraduate students hands-on experience, job shadowing in a LIVE television broadcast environment from our state-of-the-art studio built in 2016. You have the choice to work with our news, weather, sports or digital teams.
This is a unique opportunity to compliment your classroom experience and learn from some of the best, award-winning journalists in the business.
- Must be available for at least two, approximately 8-hour shifts/week. We are a 24/7 news operation, so days/nights/weekend shifts are available.
- Must be pursuing a college degree in journalism, mass communications, radio/television/film or related field. Sophomore status or higher preferred.
- Must have a responsible presence on social media/other digital platforms.
- A strong candidate will also have previous experience working at a college newspaper, television or radio station.
- Knowledge of AP Style (on digital platforms) and broadcast writing (for television) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity.
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, research news tips and story ideas, make deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during breaking news.
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment by behaving in a manner in which you work well with NBC15 staff, our sources/interviewee subjects, and viewers. Our newsroom does not have room for bad attitudes or drama.
- Must dress professionally.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Or mail via USPS to: Internship Coordinator/WMTV – 615 Forward Drive; Madison, WI 53711.
Be sure to include the following information:
Please, no phone calls. Pre-employment background checks and drug screening are a condition of employment.
WMTV NBC15 is drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in the hiring, training, or promotion of employees by reasons of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or age. Gray Television, Inc., our parent company, participates in E-Verify.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in more than 90 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.